Thursday, February 18, 2010

Butterflies and Glitter

Thanks to all my stamping buddies and PTI pals for stopping by, leaving comments and sending encouraging messages. Your support is very much appreciated. Yesterday, Charlie and I were both off work and took in a lot of the free Olympic activities throughout the city. Took lots of pictures, laughed a lot, met some nice people and had a glorious day. But those pictures are for another post (Jeannie 0_o). Here are a few more cards from the "archives".





This is the card I made for SIL's birthday last year. Tri-folded, nestabilities, and glittered butterflies. I think the verbage is Stampin' Up but the Chinese calligraphy is from a set I've had for a really long time and I don't know the manufacturer. Next...

A more recent card, glitter free, that I made on special request for one of Charlie's co-workers who landed a promotion. Pretty simple lay-out. The Chinese character is a Dream Weaver Stencil and I used their crackle-paste technique and coloured with stipple brushes and chalk and pigment inks. And lastly...



A card I made for no reason whatsoever that has a glittered butterfly. Sigh. Using up the larger pieces of scraps from my bin and the last of a ribbon sampler.



Well, on review, I would have to say that I got my monies worth on that Cuttlebug die-cut/embossing folder. I should probably put it away for a while.

Okay, this is my last picture for this post. This is Olive. My sister's dog. We think she's a shitzhu/poodle cross (sorry 'bout the spelling). We love her. She's a great dog with a quirky personality. Since I don't have a dog of my own, yet, I have to live vicariously through Olive and heaven bless her she lets me...



Craft-on everyone!
Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment