Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cards....at last



OK. As promised, I am finally sitting down and blogging....with pictures. This is a card I made for my 4th nephew (I have 5 in total and one niece) Josh for his 10th birthday last year. I used a glitter painting technique I learned at the Stamp-Out-Breast-Cancer event at Granville Island. The technique uses double sided Sook Wang tape, olive oil soap, brass stencils and a whole lotta glitter. Next...





This next card was made using the same technique - glitter painting - but was made for my mom's birthday. Brass stencil for Chinese symbol for longevity. Next...










This may sound odd but I swear I really didn't like glitter for a long, long time.

Butterfly was made with yet another glitter technique using acetate and peel-off stickers. I think the stamps are Inkadinkadoo and I think I did some stenciling with sprays. The top mat with the butterfly is actually a gift card holder. I don't know if you can see the bow on the side but once undone opens to reveal a gift card. This card was for my most favourite cousin, Janet. She shares a birthday with my mom and my husband. It is always a very busy day for me.

And the last - is not a picture of a card - but I L-O-V-E taking stupid pictures and this one was from our summer vacation to Cannon Beach in Oregon.

Beeker! I take him everywhere now. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, but I'm working on it. Some of my more recent pictures have better lighting. Okay gotta go. Canada is kicking Norway's butt 3-0 with 1:27 in the 2nd period.

GO CANADA!!

Sonya

7 comments:

  1. Yea for you starting a blog. Your cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this technique. your cards are beautiful. That frog with the googlie eyes is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blogland Sonya!! I loved looking at your cards, I never saw the glitter painting technique before. It's very striking! Im going to have to look it up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you joined us in blog land! Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on starting your blog! I love your butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on starting your blog! I look forward to seeing more of your creations--and Beeker, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on your blog, Sonya! And, you must've hit Cannon Beach at a great time... I grew up in Oregon and don't remember too many times where people were actually spending much time sitting on the beach on blankets. Lucky you! (And, lucky Beeker!)

    ReplyDelete