Sunday, February 21, 2010

Craft Cave

I love my craft cave. I was smart enough to claim the 2nd spare room as my own and set about the task of clearing and cleaning all by myself. DH is still kicking himself for not thinking of it first and is, I believe, secretly plotting to turn the guest room into his own man cave. My cave isn't fancy. I subscribe to the 2Fs of craft room design: free and functional. Lots of re-purposed and recycled items and other stuff I've liberated from other family members. Whether I'm creating a card, further refining my organization system or sorting buttons and ribbons, this is my happy place.



This is one of two custom ribbon keepers I have in the cave. The keepers were hand-made by my stamping buddy's talented husband. There used to be three but I quickly outgrew the first one and have passed it onto my sister. I usually have to remind my sister to take things home but not the ribbon keeper - that she remembered.



This is the second ribbon keeper and my SU ink tower. Hmmmm, I just noticed the big space in the back. Maybe enough space for another ribbon rack or eventually another ink tower.



Cutting station number two. Ikea kitchen bars on my walls for punch storage, as well as, the row of PTI button jars on the window sill. Don't know what I'll do when their colour catalogue expands beyond the boundaries of my window sill. Bottom shelves of the wire rack hold my SU coloured cardstock and binders of unmounted rubber stamps.



CDs, PTI stamp sets, and other unmounted/acrylic stamp sets. PTI cardstock and cardstock bases. I'm at this shelving unit a lot, especially the shelf with all the binders. All my dies, stencils and even more stamps are stored within those binders. On the shelves below are wood mounted stamps organized by theme, my Coluzzle cutting system and random paper crafting manuals.



Cutting station number 1. Home of the Big Kick and the Tonic Cutter. The two shelves above hold class projects, loose ribbon, birthday cards and random things that make me smile. The counter is six craft cubes put together. The drawers hold everything and there are two ink lockers at the end.



The bulk (pun intended) of my punch collection. The kitchen bars are for the punches I use the most and these two shoe racks house the rest. Hopefully there will never be an earthquake in Vancouver because if someone tried to stand in this doorway they would most certainly be crushed by the weight of the punches.

Hope you enjoyed your visit to my crafting space. It was an excellent reason for me to clean and put stuff away. I'm so proud of the fact that there is now floor visible in the room. Can't guarantee how long it will remain that way, though.

Happy stamping!
Sonya

4 comments:

  1. Great organization! Nice and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...what a beautiful craftin space...all that ribbon and ink made me drool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, Sonya. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your space looks great, and I'm very jealous (I only have a corner of my living room lol!) Oh well, maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete