Sunday, March 14, 2010

Club Project/Easter Basket for Paul

Second post for today.  So originally I thought it would be funny to take a picture of my hostess month club order and post it to the blog.  But then I didn't take the picture and didn't realize it until I was half way through unpacking, cataloging and putting away stuff in the cave.  I was just killing time until it was time to leave for the hockey game anyways.  Well, one thing lead to another and I ended up making an Easter basket for Elsie's son, Paul (aka: Bubba), and I ended up using a lot of my newest acquisitions.  The punch bunny was something I learned from Alison and I think you can Google a bunch of different animals made with different punch outs.


I re-used the clear plastic box that my XL cutting pads came in and cut out a Fancy Favours box.  I tried to simulate grass and a white fence by using EK Success/Stampin' Up paper edgers.  The Happy Easter sentiment is from SU from the latest mini catalogue (love, love, love that the new stamps can be purchased unmounted).  I used a scrap of SU lilac paper and the petite scallop small oval nestie to back the Easter bunny.  The bunny's nose and feet were punched out of a PTI lilac scrap.  Finally, the bunny's bowtie was tied with SU silk ribbon.  I won't fess up to having a glitter addiction but I have a serious problem with buttons and ribbon.  Couldn't find my stash of googly eyes so I used to mini black pearls instead.  I think the bunny is quite sweet.  I stuffed the basket with Cadbury Easter goodness - mini and micro eggs and solid milk bunnies.  I think Paul was quite happy to receive an early Easter basket.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment