Monday, March 22, 2010

Poppy Seed Challenge #2



Challenge time - yeah! 

Supplies:

Paper:  PTI Spring Moss, SU Whisper White, U/K Copper Metallic
Embellishments:  PTI Buttons in Dark Chocolate and Spring Moss, SU Polka-dot Grosgrain Ribbon, DTI Embossing Floss Embossing Folders:  Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and SU Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink:  Adirondack Juniper Paint Dabber, Nick Bantock Van Dyke Brown,
Other:  Dollar Store emery board, Quickie Glue Pen, Tim Holtz paper distressing tool, and Glitter Ritz warm highlight glitter

I like how this card turned out.  Sometimes its good to get inky and mess up some paper.  I've offered to do the demo at my monthly stamp club meeting next month - maybe I'll demo what I did on the card.  The card is an amalgam of  what I learned at Big Shot club earlier this month and what I saw at Beate John's blog.  I've got a few things I'm mulling over and I'm challenging myself to do a tool/technique centered demo versus a technique that focuses on a specific product.  I'll keep you posted....pun intended.

Blog Candy Reminder:   Still plenty of time to enter for the Stamping Bella blog-candy.  I should probably get on stamping those images pretty soon!  Just leave a comment in the post below.   Thanks to those who have already left a little love in the comment sections. 

Thanks for stamping...stopping by!
Sonya

7 comments:

  1. Sweet card. that flower embossing folder looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so different! I like it though, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. LOve the vintage shabby look of this card. It's so striking and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shabby look of this card!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossed flowers are so pretty, and like Dana said, I love the vintage shabby look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great creation. Such a beautiful color palette.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog and I wanted to answer your question...yes, I did cut the vellum by hand. I'd love to have the Martha Stewart scissors that cuts strips, but until then, I'll just have to improvise. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card, Sonya - again a fabulous creation!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete