Monday, March 1, 2010

Stamping on Copper

I'm thinking I really like blogging. DH just asked me, "are you blogging again?" Why, yes, yes, I am blogging again. Only because I have something to share.

Over the weekend I took a stamp class with Lisa of Local King Rubber Stamp The class was stamping on copper. A technique I've long admired but was, honestly, a bit freaked out to try. Freaked out because you have to heat the copper sheeting with a flameless torch to achieve the different colours on the copper. However, my inner pyromaniac won out and the opportunity presented itself for me to take the class so I signed up and, boy, am I glad I went. Lisa is an amazing artist and I would recommend her classes and her stamps to anyone who asked. Since I'm still new to the blogging and am not sure of all the rules, I won't post my class cards as I never thought to ask Lisa's permission (which I will do shortly and hopefully post later). I will, however, post my own card that I made yesterday waiting for the hockey game to start.




Supplies:

Paper: Everything on this card was scrap but probably mostly PTI.
Stamps: Old Island Stamp Company
Ink: Staz-On - Black, Versa Mark
Pigment: Pearl Ex
Ribbon: SU - Bashful Blue

Thanks for stopping by.
Sonya

1 comment:

  1. Sonya, wow is all I can say! I love this look and it's perfect for a masculine card. I would also be afraid to use a torch in my craft world! :) Beautiful creation here!

    ReplyDelete