Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Card and New Craft Room

Hey Stampers!

Wow it has been a while since I posted.  Lots happened since my last post.  I'm another year older and I moved next door to a bigger and brighter space.  I also made a card but I couldn't share it with you until I was sure the birthday person had received it.  So here it is:


The background was made by running a piece of core paper in an embossing folder through my Big Kick with a thin oval wooden frame as part of the sammich and then sand papering the embossed surface until the core showed through.  The center image was colored with dye based markers and a water pen.

Over the weekend I moved down the hall to the 2nd spare bedroom.  Still need to put up some shelves and some rails for my punches but I L-O-V-E my new space.  Its much bigger and brighter than my old cave.  Here are some pictures:


I'll probably move a few things around but I think I like the basic configuration.  I can't believe how much light there is.  Can you believe these pictures were taken later in the day and the blinds aren't even totally open?  Still working on unmounting my wood mount stamps.  I only have about four or five stacks of stamps left. 

Be back soon with my club swaps and demo samples.

Stomp on!
Sonya

17 comments:

  1. Sonya your card is FABULOUS!!! and so is your new ROOM! it looks GREAT!!! Seeing it makes me think I should go CLEAN mine! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, and your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! And your scraproom looks so clean and organized! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonya the embossing on your card is gorgeous. I love your new space too...it's so organized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! I think your water coloring looks awesome,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, and your scraproom is lovely. I particularly envy the wonderful light in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty card and I'm envious of your new craft space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Love what you did with the background with the embossing and the inking - really nice touch. So jealous of your crafting area - bigger and brighter than mine; enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look at the craft space! It is awesome!!! Beautiful card too . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your craft room looks great!!!! I'm envious of all the white walls that make it so bright. My room is so dark it drives me crazy sometimes.
    Your card is super too. Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful. I love the inking on the embossing in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Your beautiful craft room has inspired me to organize all my goodies. Beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! You are so blessed to have all that natural light!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card! great idea to put a frame in the embossing folder to leave some white space

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't be more green with envy!!!! What a fabulous space - so white, so organised!!

    Love your card too - the colours are gorgeous.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, as usual, Sonya! Would love to see how you store your unmounted stamps in your lovely bright new craft room.

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete