Saturday, May 8, 2010

PTPC1/Mother's Day Card

Hey dudes!

Hope everyone is having a spiffy May so far.  Feels like Spring has finally sprung in Vancouver.  Its bright and sunny but a little bit chilly.  Not complaining...just saying.  Anyways, the month of May also brings the first ever Papertrey Pixie Challenge - creating your own background.  I went back, back, back into the stamping archives to the first resist technique I ever learned.  Of course, I have forgotten its name but it is something like the resist that never ends.  Basically, you start with a piece of white card stock, stamp your images in Versa Mark, cover with clear EP and heat .  Once your entire sheet is covered in embossed images to your satisfaction, do a little direct to paper with your colour palette of choice and then put another piece of card stock on top and iron until the embossing lifts to the blank sheet so it kinda looks like this.

So now you have two sheets to choose from (or more if you decided to keep ironing onto blank card stock).  Anyways, I cut 1/4 of the sheet and proceeded to over stamp with more butterfly images, layer, embellish with ribbon and voila:


Supplies:

Stamps:  PTI:  Butterfly Dreams, Round and Round/Stampin' Up:  Well Scripted
Ink:  PTI:  Berry Sorbet, Raspberry Fizz, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest/Versafine:  Black/Versa Mark
Paper:  PTI:  Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart and True Black
Ribbon:  PTI:  Berry Sorbet satin
Other Embellishments:  Sonya's stash...sorry I can't remember where I bought the pearls but I think the flower is an SU brad.

Well, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and mother's day.  Taking the mom person out for Lebanese food tonight.  

later gators...

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sonya! I know your Mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your butterfly background - the colors are fab and the technique is wonderful. Love the ribbon treatment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRETTY! I'd never seen this technique before--I love learning something new, thanks! And, I think the ribbon looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's how you created this beautiful background. That's a new technique for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I love the background (thanks for sharing), your card design & the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is neat Sonya! I have heard of the resist technique with clear embossing powder but not the ironing part of it...very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your background! I love the butterflies and the super pretty color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is just stunning, Sonya!!! Love the colors you chose, your card composition - everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a lot of work to make pretty paper like that, but the end result is so perfect and so worth it. Love the sherbet colors - - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this terrific technique. I'm going to try this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is way back, but it's still beautiful. Amazing how we let some of those techniques go; I can't remember the last time I did that.

    ReplyDelete