Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rainy Wednesday

Not a big fan of Wednesdays, never have been.  Only way I can think of describing Wednesday is its the last big gulp of air before you push through to the weekend.  Wow, that sounds bleak.  My to-do list is about the length of my arm but I'll set that aside and post a card instead.  I made this card for my good buddy's birthday but waited to share it with you until after I knew she had received it.



Supplies:


Stamps:  Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps; Stampin' Up French Script; Stampotique Originals Couldn't You Just....
Paper:    PTI Stampers' Select White, Black and Lemon Tart.  Left-over background from PTPC1
Markers:  Copics
Embellishments:  PTI rustic twine and 1/4" white silk (coloured with R43)


My bruise is healing - I think the comments sections was dead-even for appreciative comments for my origami ball and the awesomeness of the bruise....funny - and it feels much better but looks about 4x worse.  The black and blue part is breaking up so it is way gnarlier looking and about 3x the original size and seems to be shifting to the back of my leg.  I HAVE been photo-documenting the bruise progression and may just scrapbook a two page layout to it.  Ode to my bruise.  Why would I scrapbook my last four vacations when I can scrapbook my bruise?  Priorities.

I really dislike the Chicago Blackhawks.  Two years in a row they eliminate the Canucks and it is just...gross.  Now it looks like they may eliminate the Sharks too.  Sigh.  I was actually yelling at the TV the other night at that one guy with the name no one can pronounce..in Vancouver they call him Buffy the Luongo slayer...which is sadly what he is.  Double sigh. 

Well, I think that's about it for me.  I think I'll call it a night and have a few spoons of chocolate, pecan caramel ice cream (same company that makes Moose Tracks [edit: Island Farms...checked while I was spooning it out of the container]...if you live in Canada and you can get your hands on some Moose Tracks ice cream....run...don't walk.  Yes, Jeannie, I'm talking directly at you!)  Hopefully the next time I post it will be with some pictures from Hawaii.  Yes, Beaker is coming along too.  So far, he's the only thing I've packed....priorities.

8 comments:

  1. That sentiment is hilarious and love the image. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that stamp and sentiment is hilarious!! Great job!

    As a Red Wing fan, I have to agree with you on your feelings towards the Chicago Blackhawks. I really wanted to see Vancouver go all the way since the Sharks eliminated the Wings! It isn't lookin' good for Montreal either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'll bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love the image and the sentiment is too funny! Great coloring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - great sentiment and a really great image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card, Sonya!!! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your buttons with the rustic twine...and the silk that you colored - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete