Monday, June 14, 2010

3-D Wedding Card

Hey Stompers

Back as promised with pictures of a wedding card I made last weekend.

I used the 3-D cake die by Stampin' Up/Sizzix.  Its one of those super long Bigz dies.  Believe it or not, I don't own it, yet, I had to borrow....my sister's.  I know?!?!  Can you believe it?!?!  I'm so proud of my sister.  Anyways, onto the card.  I only had a couple of hours to come up with something and I knew their colours were pink and green.  The first one I made I didn't like so I recycled it and this is my second attempt which I like much better.

This is the better of the two pictures but it doesn't highlight the Bazzill Bling paper I used as the background.  The die cut is PTI, mat stack 2 and the sentiment is Stampin' Up stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black.  The thin rick-rack behind the stamped sentiment I made using the curved cutting blade on my Carl cutter.  This was the best attempt of 12, I think.  I ran the finished piece through my Xyron sticker maker...didn't have much time to fiddle with a glue stick or glue pen.  The patterned paper I've had a million years and I can't remember the company.


Same front but I left the flash on so you can kinda see the 'bling' of the Bazzill cardstock.

Quick tip:  If you have this die but haven't used it:  the pop up fits really nicely within an A2 card but if you're going to make a square (like I did) I would suggest 5.5" x 5.5" or bigger.  I made a 5" square card and there's not a lot of room for error margin if you don't place the pop-up perfectly in the center.  My first attempt at this card which I scrapped stuck out too much and annoyed me so I made another which was only slightly better.

The inside.  Isn't it cute?  The die cuts out candles or a bride and groom.  I thought it was really sweet.  The bride and groom loved the card and were really thrilled as was the groom's sister, my friend Elsie. 

I've seen this die used as a cruise ship or boat and I think I'll give it a try...once I get a die of my own...cause I can't go on indefinitely borrowing my sister's stuff, right?!?

Well, hope everyone has an excellent week.  Thanks for stopping by.

later dudes.

6 comments:

  1. your card turned out gorgeous! I love the flowers you stamped on the cake. It makes it resemble a real wedding cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool die! I'd never seen it before. I'm not surprised that the bride & groom loved their card--it's pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute! Nice of Dor to lend you the die. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedding cake is so cute. You are so lucky to have a sister to borrow craft stuff from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable little idea - - and by the way, I love your button jars and how you have the button on the top!

    ReplyDelete