Sunday, June 27, 2010

More Organized Craft Cave

What?!?  You didn't believe me when I said I'd be back?!?  So here's what I did in my craft cave with an assist from Charlie.

Finally got the bars up on the walls so I could move all of my punches to my new space.  Most are hanging in two shoe racks on the back of my door and here are the rest:

All the punch bars are from the kitchen department at Ikea.  Ditto for the cute little vanilla tin bucket hanging on the bottom rack.  The two longer brushed metallic ones are thinner and more rod like but they sure are strong.  The shorter black rod is narrow but about an inch wide and just right for perching the Marvy punches on.  Funny the Marvy's wouldn't perch on the rods, weird.  Moved my Big Kick back to the top of my cubbies as all my dies, etc. are sitting right underneath it for quick access.

Next....

Better cutting station.  More stable.  Plugged in my desk-top Ott light for better light and enough room to hold my two favourite cutters there permanently as well as my spinning ink tower.  I like it mucho much.








Next...

 Nothing like a little recycling/re-purposing.  I took two fridge magnets, used some sook wang tape and created a holding place for my new favourite PTI dies.  They're kind of an odd size and shape so got lost in the die cutting bucket and I didn't want to forget about them or dent them in any way.  Nothing like a quick, free fix, right?  Please no judging about how much ribbon I have.




Last picture is of my desk. The bar, bucket and wire basket are also from the Ikea kitchen department.  These used to all sit on my desk until the bar was installed. 



So that's it for now.  Hopefully I'll have something creative to share with you in the near future.

Thanks for stomping by.....

7 comments:

  1. Wow, everything is so nicely organized. My craft room is such a mess right now I don't know how I manage to get anything done at all. Beautiful craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking at all these great ideas. I'm going to be moving my craft room sometime in the near future and it seems a bit overwhelming! But I'll have more room and a little more natural light so that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Sonya! I love what you've done. Want to come to California and help me with my room, LOL?! I think I need to go to Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sonya! I just found this post. Your craft room looks incredible. So nice to have all your tools so well organized and close at hand. Looks like a fun place to play. No comments about your ribbon from me other than to say they look so accessible and easy to use. Just out of curiosity, how do you organize your stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the peek inside your craft area, Sonya! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is amazing...hardly a "cave" at all! And I would be the LAST person to judge how much ribbon you have...a girl can't have too much ribbon right?

    Thanks for sharing - love it!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your craft space! Especially the ikea spice jars in a row!! I was thinking of buying exactly the same jars for my buttons. Great minds think alike, hey? :D I'm so jealous, your room is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete