Saturday, June 26, 2010

PTPC2 - June Challenge

Hey Stompers!

So the Pixies June Challenge....the inspiration was a fat quarter.  I don't sew.  I love challenges but I didn't know I'd have this much of a...challenge.  I made two cards.  I'm not particularly jazzed by either but I thought I'd share them anyways.  I think in both cases I love the separate parts rather than the sum of the parts.

First attempt:

Supplies:
Embossing Folder - SU Square Lattice
PTI:  Terracotta Tile CS, Hawaiian Shores CS, Simply Chartreuse Ink, Giga Guidelines Stamps, Fancy Flourishes Stamps, Crafts Select White CS, Mat Stack 2 Die
Bazzill: Bling paper
Dollar store navy blue tissue paper
Can't remember where the black ribbon came from.


I think its a nice card but it doesn't really ring my bell creatively.  So I tried again.




Second attempt:

Technique I learned at Stamp Club (thanks Laura!) and it is called Embossed Foil/Tin with Alcohol Inks.  I tried to best replicate some of my favourite PTI colours, i.e. Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse and Plum Pudding.  I like to call this card:  Disco Distressed Quilt.  I love this PTI die - the rickrack one is super fun too.  Don't know if you can pick up the detail in the picture but the aluminum foil picked up all the scratches and dents in my cutting mats and I think its kinda neat - hence the distress.

Supplies:
Emobssing folder - unknown large cuttlebug
Letraset alcohol inks and Ranger Alcohol Ink in Lettuce
Black Ranger Archival Ink
PTI eyelet die

Feeling like my battery is running low - creatively and energy wise.  So, what do I do when that happens?  I rest my brain and I organize my space.  I'll be back with another post with some pictures of stuff I've done to the cave.  In the meantime, I'm going to unplug as I've got to rest up for my charity ride tomorrow - 20kms rain or shine.

Shout at you later.

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Sonya. Thanks for taking up the challenge! Good luck on your ride tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the Pixie challenge. That blue ribbon is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossed foil/tin technique is very cool. There are many times when I like the effect from my much used cutting mats. I bet the aluminum has loads of texture. Good job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete