Monday, July 26, 2010

Cards to Share

Hey Dudes!

Cards to share - Yeah!!!!  July 29th is a big day in my family.  Not one, not two but THREE birthdays all on the same day.  So I've got...two birthday cards to share.  I would share the third but its a re-tread of one I've done/posted before just a different colour scheme and stamp but more same-same.  So the two I have to share are for the moms and the husband. 

Here's Charlie's card (hopefully he won't peak into my blog...don't think he ever has...but just in case - CHARLIE:  look away!!!!)  The inspiration for this card is from A Passion for Papertrey.  I just put my spin on it since Charlie is my bicycle-hero and he's (IMHO) just as cute as the fella on the card.



Supplies:  


Stamps:  Pink Cat Studios Billy Plate
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers:  Copic Sketch
Dies:  PTI - Up, Up & Away - Clouds
Paper:  PTI, DSW - Enviro/Green Paper pad

I used the cloud dies twice - once in the sky and the second to show how fast "Charlie" is on his bike. 

Can you see the where the surprise is hidden? 


There it is!  Right behind the clouds.  I have to figure out another way to use this technique again.

So next, the mom's card.  Moms is pretty easy - she's a total girl and likes sparkle and flowers.  So many choices....so many ways it can go wrong....so hard to say stop.  Plus, I got to play with my newest toy - Cuttlebug Flower Quilling Dies....so much fun.





Paper:  All PTI
Stamps:  SU Sale-a-bration set Vintage Labels
Dies:  Cuttlebug Chrysanthemum Quilling Dies, PTI In Bloom Impression Plates and Delightful Dahlia leaves dies
Embellishments:  Hero Arts Clear crystals and Misc. Pearls.

Kind of hard to see the detail of the In Bloom Impression Plates but its so pretty IRL.  I have to admit I was collecting the PTI Imp. Plates for a really long time but got to so some serious playing over the last few days and am quite glad I didn't wait and see with this tool.  Really glad I made the investment.  So that's kind of all I've got to share for now.  Off for a few days of R&R.  Got a really bad summer cold that's been going around work...wouldn't you know it just before I start my vacation.  I was totally frayed and burnt crispy round the edges on my last day at the office but looking forward to hanging with the family, celebrating, EATING and recharging my batteries.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far.  The days we've been having make winter seem like an impossibility (groan).


Woosh!

12 comments:

  1. OMG that bike card is so cool! I love the "fast clouds" and the bonus that they hide a treat - very clever!

    Your flower card is so pretty - love the colors. I think I may have to move that impression plate up on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-I love the bicycle card---I love how you used the clouds behind the bike and put the $ in there too-so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable bike card--I love the clouds used as clouds of dust from the bike! And the clever money hider! Beautiful card for your mom too! Cuttlebug flower quilling dies, huh? You enabler you! :-D I hope you feel better and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those layered flowers in the corner like that; and what a great idea for using the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable bike card! That's really cute how you made the clouds and tucked the money inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bike card is so cute - with the clouds and the hidden money - neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Sonya - both totally different but both beautiful.. I have yet to use my cloud die so you have inspired me today!!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so beautiful...I love the way you used the clouds on the bike card, and those flowers are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are great, but I just love the flowers on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, Sonya!!! Love how you hid the money behind the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little boy card is so cute! And I love all the flowers on the second card.

    ReplyDelete