Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thank Yous and a New Technique

Hey Stompers!

Who knew being without internet access for three days could be so challenging.  Well, at least I got a lot done in my craft cave.  Getting to this point was a huge challenge.  I just need to whine for a minute and then I'll get on with it. First...

- no home phone, no internet
- can't find camera
- find camera, try to take pictures...battery dies
- can't find charger
- find charger plug it in, wait two hours....forget to turn on power bar
- turn on power bar...wait another two hours for battery to charge
- take pictures but light is so-so

This ends the whining portion of this post.

Anyways, cards to show:

First is a thank you card I made for friends and family who supported me in the charity ride I did last Sunday for the Vancouver branch of the CMHA (Canadian Mental Health Association).  The card is an ode to my bike (the Bug).  The Bug is red, white and black and covered in dirt.  She is so named because of my lady bug bell that no longer rings but serves as a good luck talisman on my handlebars.

Supplies:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Whisper White, Stampin' Up Real Red, Stampin' Up Basic Black

Stamps:  Stampin' Up Pedaling Past and P.T.I. Up, Up and Away and PTI Background Basics:  Spots and Dots

Dies:  Nestabilities Label 2 and Classic Circles Small, P.T.I. Mat Stack 2, and Stampin' Up Square Lattice Impression Folder

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento London Fog and P.T.I. Poppy Red
Misc.:  Aluminum Tape

Second card was made to try out a new technique I learned last weekend at club (thanks again Laura).  The technique is called Mulberry Batik by Erika Martin.  The technique creates a background with watercolor crayons and embossing.  I made a few samples - thank goodness I'm a craft hoarder because it turns out I have a LOT of 12 x 12 mulberry paper and could play and learn - but only put one together as a card:


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Stampin' Up Whisper White, P.T.I. Hawaiian Shores, Mulberry Paper unknown
Stamps:  Inkadinkado Clear Unmounted - Mindscapes
Inks and Misc.:  Versa Mark, Clear EP, Stampin' Up Water Color Crayons, Martha Stewart Pansy Paper Edger, Ranger Mini-mister

So that's how I spent my Canada Day.  Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians and Happy Independence Day to our sistahs to the South.  I have the next few days off and I'm looking forward to sleeping in, seeing friends and family, doing a bit of shopping and crafting and mostly just chillin'.  Hmmm, maybe I can talk Charlie into going to see the new Twilight movie (insert evil laugh).

Well, until next time....stomp on.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Sonya! It's always something, isn't it? :-> It's so sweet that you made a card as an ode to your bike, I love it. :-) What an interesting technique on your second card--I'll have to look it up as I too have quite the hoard of mulberry paper that I always forget to use! Thanks for a new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to play in your studio at least :) I love the technique you used on the 2nd card-so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect thank you card for your supporters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that butterfly card, Sonya!!! The colors are so soft and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl!!!! Love the card--IRL, my sista!!! So proud of your ride...sorry I've been outta touch...will be back in touch tomorrow for our regular chat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That butterfly card is really cool.... I don't do well with change - learning new things - - but when you can create cool things like this, good on ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't used mulberry paper in years. Think I must have a stash of it still too. Beautiful card; I love the punched border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I haven't ever heard of this technique. Can you help? I just have to try it.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete