Sunday, August 22, 2010

What I've Been Up To.....

Hey Dudes!

Well, I've been up to lots and nothing at the same time.  I'm sure you can relate.  You feel like you're getting nothing done but really you're just getting things done so fast you don't recall.  I believe it is called....life.  Anyways, here's what I've been up to....

Made a birthday card for my SIL's grandmother's 90-something birthday:

The layout is a total CAS from a card we did at my Big Shot club except I changed the colour scheme and used all PTI stamps.  Next...


I'm trying to perfect double crust, fruit pies:

This was the first of two blueberry pies.  Did you know left over crust keeps really well in the fridge?  It sure does and today I'm going to try my hand at a free form rustic fruit tart.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Random organization.  I was kind of at a loss as to what to do with my expanding PTI die collection.  I do store matching dies with matching sets but then, well, you know, out of sight out of mind.  So what I did was use some double sided tape and taped up some thin magnetic sheets to the front of my shelf, right over my 'cutting center' for easy access.   I really like it.  I also keep the long dies on the side of my ribbon keeper.



Cultivate my attack rose.   Sure its pretty to look at and seems like a normal rose bush but I swear its like a ninja attack variety or something.  It grows right by my gate to the backyard and just when you think its safe to walk through....whack!!!  It is also the hardiest rose in all of creation.  No matter how much I ignore it, it continues to thrive.


So that's how I've been spending my time.  Its raining today so after I get my tart in the oven, hopefully I'll get my club swaps started/done and a bunch of other stuff.

in a while crocodiles!

7 comments:

  1. Look at that pretty pie with the lil' cutouts! And that rose is GORGEOUS! I have rose bushes by my front door and they too can get ninja-ish. But they sure do smell nice. Your card is very pretty. I have some of that ribbon from Michael's...I'm such a snob when it comes to ribbon - but this one is so pretty....and iridescent..and with the wirey edges...just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful - I love the way you did the ruffled ribbon.

    I used to have roses that thrived with neglect, but thankfully mine never attacked, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, sophisticated card, Sonya! A beautiful card, a yummy pie, and a gorgeous rose--I like this post! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and a beautiful yummy-looking pie! And that rose is absolutely beautiful! Doesn't look like you have been busy doing nothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there my sista! How are you? I'm remiss--I owe you a PM on the forum. Hope to get to that this week! Girls 1st day of school today! Love your card--so neat! Good for you trying pie crusts! It's never worked out for me. Have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fab card and your super duper die storage! I think I need to buy some dies so that I can do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so beautiful! I love the rouching detail with the ribbon. And your pis looks so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete