Sunday, January 16, 2011

Origami Birthday Card

Happy Sunday Stompers!

So what's everyone been up to?  Me?  Not much - just chillin'.  Did something I never thought I'd do in a ga-zillion years...no not make a card to post (ha ha ha)....I joined Facebook.  I know, right?  Its been interesting. 

Anyways, the real reason I'm polluting the internet today.  I made a birthday card for my 2nd nephew, Adam, who is now 20 years old.  How come I don't feel old until I look at my brother's kids?  I feel the same but they insist on getting older - what's up with that?  Well, there are only so many ways you can stick money into a card but I think I haven't totally tapped that well dry yet.  Here's what I did:

Supplies:


All paper PTI
Ink:  Versamark
Stamps:  Into the Wild (SU) and Make a Wish (PTI)
Edger:  Martha Stewart Icicles
Other:  Perfect Pearls - Mint, Biscotti, Mandarin and Cappuccino

I found a bunch of instructional videos on You Tube - search under dollar bill origami instructions.  Found one for an elephant and practiced for a while using coupons and Canadian Tire money.   I think they're awfully cute.   I think I'll try giraffe and rhino next.

Just looking at the picture and I notice you can kinda see my club swaps that I'm working on.  Oh well, still playing and haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do yet.  

So this is my Sunday so far - nice and quiet.  Going over to my brother's later to celebrate the birthday and watching the football game on their brand new TV - its the biggest thing I've ever seen.

Anyways, until next time....

2 comments:

  1. we're giving money for our swap?! lol! As usual, love your cards. Funny to hear you joined facebook - I did too!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete