Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stamp Club Card Medallion

Hey...howzit, dudes?  My butt is tired.  I've been...gasp...exercising.  Thanks to my family I have found myself with a few hours all to myself, sah-weet!   So after running some errands, doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen, I sat down and finished my stamp club swaps.  I've lately gotten in the habit of trying to make 'extra' cards when I get the opportunity so I have three variations of the same theme to share.  I used one stamp set PTI's Mat Stack 2 Collection and two colours (SU's Pear Pizzazz and Concorde Crush).  Inspired by what I've seen I tried my hand at stamping my own medallion/doily (why does that word look so weird?)


Its really grey and overcast here today so apologies for the pictures but I think you get the general idea.  I wanted to keep the card as simple as possible.  Aside from the minimal bling (for me) I think I managed that okay.  Thought I'd post all three cards I made to throw the scent off the stamp clubbers who visit my blog (Jeannie) so they'll have to wait till next weekend to figure out which card is my swap.  Anyways, think I'll just wander around blog-land for a while and keep out of trouble.

shout at you later.

5 comments:

  1. sigh...the lurker has been busted! I'm very impressed with your medallion/doily cards and look forward to seeing them in person; to think the medallion was created from a frame stamp! Once again your "thinking outside of the box" has amazed me.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you! Love your medallian cards AND the origami card below - - very cool! Have added you to my following list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you.
    I too love your medallion cards and the origami card is so innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonya!! I've just been taking a wee peek at your blog...can I just tell you how much your Beaker photos made me laugh!! He's one of my favourite muppet characters...along with the Swedish Chef! These medallion cards are gorgeous...and those oragami money elephants??? So amazing!! I'm signing up as a follower so I can keep up to date with all your creativity!!

    Just wanted to say thanks so much for visiting my blog and for leaving such sweet comments. :) You had asked about the technique I used for my sky. I just used a cloud template that I cut from scrap cardstock, a make-up sponge and blue ink. (I think I used Memeto Summer Sky on that card) No fancy tools, lol. I don't even own an airbrush...yet! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these medallion cards--especially the last one. I think they came out great!

    ReplyDelete