Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy New Year!

It must be the end of the world since I. Am. Blogging. With two cards to share no less. First card I made for nephew number two's 21st birthday.
Kinda simple, not much stamping but I had a lot of fun making the chevron stripe in the background. You can find the tutorial on Jennifer McGuire's blog. All stamps and dies are PTI. The gold ink is the new Delicata ink from Tsukineko. I found a really excellent origami video on you tube. If I can figure it out, I will add later on. Anyways, little OCD if I want to learn something I do it over and over again. Long story...I did enough snowflakes/stars to be the basis of my January stamp club swap.
I think the flowers are really pretty. Most if not all of the cardstock is from Paper Zone. All the retail stores are shutting down and they had a HUGE sale and I'm good for cardstock probably forever? The butterfly die is from Memory Box. I have a serious die problem but meh what're you going to do. Anyways, I'm glad you decided to stomp on by. I hope everyone has a very happy 2012 doing whatever turns your crank and puts a smile on your face. Reading other blogs I became inspired and decided to have a word for this year. Do you want to know what it is? Okay. My word for 2012 is do - as in "do or do not. There is no try." Yoda, Empire Strikes Back. Anyways, until next time. Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi you!! You "did" it!!! You posted a blog! I was worried about you since I hadn't heard from you. Love your Chevron stripes!! Hope all is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. ;-) I love the silver numbers with the fancy flourishes - I always get so excited when I see those flourishes. And that star on the second is fantastic, wow! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog - I appreciate it. Happy New Year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete