Saturday, February 23, 2013

FFC02 - Rustic, Country Theme



I know:  when you think rustic and country, you automatically think of me.  Well, that would make one of us.  I have no idea.  Wha'?  Country?  Is that like...a park?

Anyways, it has been very interesting making Christmas cards in the middle of February.  The days are getting longer, little green shoots are popping out of the ground and I'm contemplating Christmas.  Well, you don't know until you try, right?  I'm not quite sure I nailed it or am even in the postal code of being close to nailing it but here's my rustic, country Christmas card:



Actually, this is my first card.  I don't have anything really rustic or country so the closest I could get was distressed.  The dies are Memory Box and PTI and the embossing folder is Quick Cutz.   Paper is PTI, Kraft Cordination and sorry don't know the vendors for the design paper or the velvet paper. 

Here's a close up of the card.  


One of the other benefits of playing along with Festive Friday besides being better prepared for December is I've really had a chance to sit down and experiment and just create.  This next card started out as an experiment and I was almost done and then it went WRONG.  I think I was able to finally save it.  I normally would have scrapped it by by the time I made the mistake but I had invested so much into these little pieces of cut paper that I wouldn't let it go.  Hope you like it too.  



I had two big pieces of coordinating design paper and backed them with sook wang tape.  I then ran both through my Big Kick with the PTI Happy Harlequins Plate.  Then I pieced one design paper into the other.  I then cut the pointsettia and leaves from a MB die with more Tim Holtz Kraft Cordination paper and sanded them down to reveal the craft core.  The button is from PTI.  I don't think you can see my 'mistake' at all.  It has been covered with a piece of SU ribbon and stamped with a PTI sentiment from...Big 'n Bold Holiday Wishes.  

I better make some new friends between now and Christmas or I'm going to have a surplus of Christmas cards this year.  

I'm going to have some new crafty stuff to use in the hopefully near future.  Must learn patience.  In the meantime, I'll try and keep to my craft room and stay out of trouble.  

Peace. 

6 comments:

  1. Seriously, you crack me up.

    I like the second one best, because I love the bloom. I don't see any mistake, but I am dying to know what you did!

    Just send me all your cards - it will be cheap postage, and so fitting, right? ;)

    I SO appreciate you playing along so much - I get so excited to see your name in the gallery!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely getting a Christmas card or six. And truly, thank you for having this challenge. I'm really enjoying it. You should see all the panels I've done that haven't made it to cards yet. You've given me a wonderful excuse to experiment and play.

      Since you asked, I'll confess. I tried to stamp a sentiment on the panel but black seemed too stark so I used gold and it didn't show very well. Then I tried heat embossing which didn't harm the panel but made the sentiment even flatter. Hard to explain. Maybe when I receive my Zing EP I'll try this card again.

      Delete
  2. I'm laughing at your entire post (but not at your creations!!!) I could not find the mistake, either, but just saw that you commented about it above. And I do think your extra inking/distressing adds to the rustic look, along with the natural images of the deer, wreath and bloom! Great cards!!! So glad you shared 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Sonia...thanks for your comment...I answered your question back in "un brin de créativité" Memory Box in French blog...
    your rustic cards are nice...good challenge
    bye bibiana
    visit me also at My Personal blog: http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are just beautiful! I love the embossing on the first one with the die cuts and the flower on the second one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonya I love your blog voice! I don't see any mistakes on your 2nd card or anywhere but I know we all go through things like that! For mr it is always ink smudges! Ugh! I am enjoying seeing your cards at the festive Friday challenges!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete