Saturday, February 9, 2013

FFCO1 - Festive Friday Challenge


Morning!!  Small/medium size pats for me.  I managed to play along with Meredith's new challenge...so I can totally blame her for all the glitter that covers me and my desk.  I guess I can also thank her too since I cleaned up my desk and found my 'made by...' stamp that had been missing since early Christmas.  So, I managed to create two cards using the challenge guidelines.  Both cards are in my wheel-house but are very different from each other stylistically.   


So here goes:

For me, the holidays is all about glitter.  My first card uses my favorite things:  glitter, burnished velvet technique and dies.  The dies area all Memory Box and the impression plate is PTI.  The glitter is Glitter Ritz:  Regal (?Royal) Red and Stardust micro fine glitter.

I hope this close up shows up nicely.  I'm thinking I should probably invest in a proper light box and maybe read my camera's user manual.

This second card was inspired by my friend, Meghan.  She gave me a Christmas card with this concept and I crafted it up just touch.   I love puns.  Do you get it?  I'll give you a second.  Come on you got it.  The card is:  No "L" (noel).  I hope any French speaker who comes across this blog appreciates that I included the two accents.




The embossing folder and circle die cut are Spellbinders.  The background was inked direct-to-paper using Viva Decor Inka Gold products:  Lava Red, Silver, and Platinum.  The letter die cut is Sizzix and cut out of Grunge paper.   Hope the close up gives you a better impression of the colours and the texture of the background. 


Anyways, hope you enjoyed this touch of the holidays.  I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm 200% ahead of where I was last year at this time.  LOL.  I don't know if I can keep up this furious pace.  Phew.

Until next time.  Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Uh, you're WELCOME, and you're welcome again. You know you're happy about the glitter everywhere, and you said yourself that you love it for Christmas. And hey, you found a lost stamp, so I am taking full kudos.

    Your second card is hilarious... and no, I didn't totally get it, but to be fair, I really just read your blurb before properly looking at the card.

    The first one is my favourite - but I am a glitter girl myself, so... ;)

    THANK YOU for playing along. I SO appreciate the support and am SUPER impressed that you made two cards! And I am going to brag about how I've put you 200% ahead of a year ago - it sounds so impressive that way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my...GREAT cards!!! The ornaments are something else and they look beautiful in the red and silver!!! And I didn't get the second card...but I'm going to blame it on the fact that I JUST got out of bed!!! Sure made me laugh once I did get it. And...puns aside...the design has some really awesome elements to it! Can't wait to see more, so I hope you'll stick with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Sonya!! I love the glitter and who cares that you now have glitter everywhere - it's worth it, damn it! :) And, btw, I am SO proud of your accents too!! You cracked me up!! Actually, I looked at my Noel sentiment from Think Big Faves and thought about using it and added rhinestone accents or Stickle-d ones but decided against it. Still made a few cards for the challenge and have uploaded the poorly photographed ones to my blog.

    So proud of you for creating AND posting on your blog!

    A bientôt!

    C

    ReplyDelete