Sunday, March 31, 2013

FFCO5 - Colour Challenge

Happy Easter Craft Enthusiasts!  It seems fitting that today is Easter Sunday and the challenge is a colour challenge.  


Great Easter colours, don't you think?  Apparently these are colours I don't use very often...at all.  So this is what I came up with:


The background is Viva Decor 3D paint Gold DTP with saran wrap on some PTI card stock and Spun Sugar Distress Ink sponged on DTP after the 3D pain dried.  Dies are Spellbinder Create-a-Snowflake 3 and PTI Tremendous Tags.  Glitter is all Glitter Ritz.  Stamp is PTI Mega Mixed Messages stamped in Gold Delicata Ink.  Ribbon is from Michaels.  Cardstock is PTI except for the blue metallic mat.

So there it is.  This was a very difficult challenge for me as I mentioned I don't use these colours very much, much less together all at once.  I hope it looks like a very girly Christmas present cause I guess that's what I was kinda going for.  I like it - don't love it - and it's sort of a hot mess for me.  I had an idea in my head and this is what it turned into.

Well, Happy Easter everyone.  Hope you have some nummy-ness in your immediate future.  I have to start cooking for dinner later.  Making roast lamb to take over to my brother's.  I hope they have some chocolate Easter bunnies that may require ear-ectomies....or maybe a few handfuls of jelly beans.  But first, since it's such a lovely day outside, I'm going to give our new push mower a twirl out in the backyard.  Until next time...

peace.


6 comments:

  1. Isn't it GORGEOUS out there? And I never thought of them being spring colors, but you're right! Um, this is AWESOME... It's so different, and I think it's perfectly girly. I LOVE the paint background!!

    Thanks again, friend, I am so happy you keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my Sonya Lore! You inspire me again! Although I am having a hard time getting the touch of the Inka Gold Paints....even with just my fingers. I'm working on a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is NOT a hot mess! I love the pretty glittered layers of your snowflake, and the delicate ribbon! And your posts always make me laugh, Sonya! Thanks for sharing with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background with the gold and pinks. Love the tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so talented !!
    I need a wedding card made

    ReplyDelete