Saturday, March 23, 2013

Zombies, Zombies Everywhere!

Morning Stompers!

Ever buy a stamp because it made you smile or laugh out loud?  I have and that's how collections/stashes get started.  I innocently bought my first goth/punk girl stamp a few years ago and now I have....a stash.  I usually only use them for my Cousin Janet's birthday cards because she's the original punk....for me at least...and probably why my punk girls always end up with purple hair or wearing purple...just like her.  Sorry.  Rambling.

Did you know it's just a short stretch of creativity from goth punk to full on zombie?   It is, my friends, it is. You can make a pitstop at vampire town but I haven't been into vampires since my late teens and my vampires didn't sparkle.  

Google is amaze-balls. in case you didn't already know that.  On a whim, I typed in "copic colour combos for zombies" and dammit if I didn't get pages of choices.  Woo hoo.  So I stamped several of my goth chicks and started practicing.  Well, what the heck was I suppose to do with all these images.   I guess a normal person would have put them in their Copic colouring book with notes and junk but I made cards instead.  And clutch your pears ladies, I even fussy cut all the images - no dies for these darlings - I even used an Exacto knife and cutting mat.  That's right.  Kicking it old school - ain't no school like the old school.   I hope they make you giggle or maybe even laugh out loud.  Recoiling in terror is okay too, at least its an honest reaction.  Hee hee.


"I Wish I'd Worn Panties"


Don't you just love her handbag?  I think its my favourite accessory.  Giving myself little pats on the back for putting distress crackle paint over his tiny little head just to make it a wee bit creepier. 


"Couldn't you just pee your pants?"  This is the one I started with.  I needed a birthday card for my friend's daughter's birthday.  She's turning 10.  The skin tone is a little bit more monster/Frankenstein but I think it still works.  My first picture was actually my last image coloured and I think I 'got' the zombie skin tone.



"Well, lad de frickin' da!"
Kinda says it all don't you think?


This last one was the most work.  I'm not going to lie.  It's the one that made me laugh the loudest when I was done.  I really don't think I'm going to give her to anyone but keep it for myself.  I may even frame/mount it.  It's the truth and I mean it but why does it feel like I've broken some sort of unspoken crafters code?  If you know me IRL then you've probably heard me say something to the effect like, "well this is a nice (technique) but I'll probably never do it again because I simply don't know anyone I like well enough to repeat all this work..."  So honest, so true, so lazy.

And now the technical stuff:  Dies/Impression Plate/Embossing Folder:  Memory Box. PTI, Spellbinders and Cuttle Bug.  Card stock:  PTI, Bazzill and Gina K.  Inks/Markers:  Memento, Versa Mark Frost White, Copics, Distress Crackle Rock Candy, Smooches Pearlized Top Coat, Tsukineko Goose Bumps and Viva Decor 3D paints and Inka Gold paints.  Stamps:  Stampotique Original, Inc., WPlus9 and Impression Obsession.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this trip into zombie town.  It's been a real pleasure to be your guide.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment