Saturday, May 4, 2013

FFC07 - Challenge - Birds




What?  My last post was at the end of March?  Wow.  Anyways, I'm back and playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge again.  The theme this time is birds.





Supplies:  C/S:  PTI.  Memory Box Dies - Resting Birds.  Stamps:  PTI:  Out on a Limb and Inside Out: Holidays.  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Brocade Blue, Kaleidacolor Blue Breeze.

I was inspired by the layout I saw here.  If you've never been to this blog before, please visit.  I find a lot of inspiration there.  This card came together pretty quickly.  The most time consuming part was masking the rectangle using post-it notes.  The rest was direct to paper ink dabbing, die cutting  and stamping.  Easy-peasy, as they say.  

Anyways, on a quick personal note:  I'll be hijacking my blog a bit starting Monday as I'll be commencing a 30 day juice Reboot.  Have you heard of it?  If not, Google Joe's Reboot.  I'm hoping to reboot my system and start living a slightly more pro-actively healthier lifestyle.  Anyways, a craft plus will hopefully be the fact that since I'm not prepping and cooking meals and cleaning up after, I'll have more time for crafting...hopefully.  I've done juice fasting before but this time I'm going for 30 days.  Your positive thoughts would be appreciated.  

Anyways, thanks for stopping by.  It is a breathtakingly lovely day here in Vancouver.  I'm going to go out and enjoy it.  Spring has finally decided to show up.  

Peace.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I REALLY love this one... it's simple, but so SO pretty. I can't imagine the dies you used to cut such teeny tiny birds!

    Uh, was it not GORGEOUS!? And tomorrow will be even better apparently!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Sonya! I have my first order of Mem.Box dies on it's way to me...why, oh, why did I not get this one with the birds?!?! Kimberly used it, too, on hers, and I thought the same thing. I guess it's because I have several of the veneer ones, but man...those look sweet! I love this design and checked out the inspiration...I can see why you chose it! I'm thinking of stamps I have that may work with what you gals have done...LOVE it! Beautiful card! And great to have you with us again, Sonya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love all the dimension of the sponging, the double stamping and the birds - gorgeous! As for your juice fast - good luck - and stay healthy - I don't know anything about it, but 30 days is a long time for only juice! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete