Tuesday, July 2, 2013

FFC Week 11 - Elemental Challenge Trees


Hey Dudes!

It seems a bit odd to be making Christmas cards when it is so definitely summer outside.  I can't remember the last time we've had so many days of warm weather in a row.  Not complaining, just saying. Anyways here's my card:


Card base is SU Concord Crush and the other paper is PTI.  Dies are all Memory Box.  I had this idea bouncing around in my head for a couple of weeks and thought I'd give it a try.  This is basically the idea I had in my head but it lacks a bit of finesse but overall I'm happy.  I know there isn't a lot going on on this card but in it's own way there's a lot going on at the same time.  Make sense?  Probably not.  That's okay.  It makes me laugh and I like it.  And, look, trees!

Other stuff I've been doing.  I finished the wedding card my cousin asked me to make for her.  I think she was pretty pleased with the results and I made a card to send to my pen pal in Maryland.  The card to my pen pal was some craft procrastination but I got everything I needed to get done.  I still have a few birthday cards to make for the end of the month but I've got a few weeks to stew about it.  Oops, here's some pictures of the cards.




Isn't that little fox just the cutest?  I couldn't resist.

Well, wherever you are and whatever you're doing, I hope you're having a good time and soaking up some Vitamin D.  I think there's a frosty beverage in my very near future.

Peace out, homies.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you dare complain about the weather, or I'll make you move. I am in my GLORY. Okay, my sweaty glory, but I'll take it. Paul and Shirley would like it to rain. I'll let you guess what I said to that!

    I just read that you're down 26lbs from your juice craziness... that's insane!!!! Well done, I can't believe your strength and perseverance!!

    Oh right, the cards. I think the fox is my favourite, even though I am here because you made a Christmas card - which is also awesome, by the way.

    Next play date is at your house, with alllllll your dies. I mean, with you. Of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little fox IS the cutest! I've seen him around and have loved him every time! And the wedding card...beautiful! But, you know I'm here for the Festive Friday card! I do love the simplicity of it and how that crisp white silhouette steals the show against the rich purple...great idea...it looks great! So glad to see you back at FF, Sonya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue card is so GLORIOUS! and the cute wee lil foxy, brilliantly done, I have played with that set quite a bit, and your beautiful flowering trees, may have to CASe that -so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - I love the rich simple elegance of your tree card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete