Thursday, November 7, 2013

OLW165 - No Red/Green

Good Morning!  What's this?  Playing in two challenges in a row?  No, someone didn't high jack my blog.  I'm just kicking around the house this week playing nurse maid to my husband who is recovering from two glaucoma surgeries.  He's doing fine and spirits are good.  Thank goodness.  Onto the crafty goodness...

This is my first time playing along with OLW.  To be honest, one layer, clean and simple cards usually intimidate me but I had so much fun using this layout that I made another card, in a different colour scheme.  As stated in the rules I used no red or green in either card but looking at my screen the blues I used are looking quite green and the pinks and burgundy I used in the second card are coming across kind of red.  

The card came together quite quickly.  The most finicky part was fixing the negative die cut into place with Hermafix temporary adhesive. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement for Eclipse masking paper?Once the negative mask was in place, I sponged in the colour before randomly stamping the tiny snowflakes.  I then applied Versamark over "holiday" and heat embossed with clear EP.  The rest of the time I spent going over the card front with an eraser to remove the little bits of temporary adhesive.   






Dies:  PTI
Stamps:  PTI and Hero Arts
Ink: SU, Versamark and Copic marker
Embellishment - dollar store
Cardstock :  PTI Stampers Select


So that's everything for today.  The husband person is tucked in his chair, listening to his audio books and I'm going to sneak into my craft room for some more crafty time.  I think somewhere in my stash there may be a roll (or two) of Eclipse masking tape but I'm not sure. It's a rainy day here today in Vancouver so there's really no reason for me to be outside.  Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. These are great OLW cards - I love the snowflakes stamped on the masked sentiment! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are COOL. So the whole Holiday is embossed? I would never think to do that... they look great!!

    ReplyDelete