Sunday, June 22, 2014

Crafty Goodness

Well.  It seems my crafting dry spell is officially over.   I can't seem to stop making stuff with paper and ink.  Gasp. I even made a scrapbook page. I know. Get. OUT.  Here's briefly what I've been up to.


Playing with backgrounds, stencils,  dies and even practicing my colouring.  Jennifer McGuire did an excellent tutorial on water coloring with distress inks and embossing folders.  I really enjoyed it.  And, of course, I LOVE my new Memory Box butterfly dies and stencil.  May be there's a support group out there for me.  Do you think?


Birthday card for nephew number 4 whose birthday is July 4th.  I haven't finished it yet but it really just needs to be mounted on a card front.  I couldn't help myself from adding the little star shaped bling in the middle of the fireworks.  Thumbs up, by the way, for Vivid Embossing Powders.  Lovely colours and they're not listed as a detail powder but I think it picked up the detail of the fireworks quite nicely.


Independence Day card for my American pen pal.  More water color embossed backgrounds.  I even got to use some stamps and paper I had in my stash for....ever.  I even used a card sketch - something I've been pinning for a while on Pinterest but never thought to use before today.  Weird. 


And, the scrapbook page.  I'm quite proud of this.  Lots of stamping and stamp techniques going on here.  It's the title page for a memory book for my manager at work.  She always calls head office the mother ship.  The stamp set is WMS and I didn't actually intend for the 'mother ship' to look like the Death Star - it just turned out that way...I swear!

I can't believe it's officially summer.  Yay!  Any plans?  Well, I have set myself a ukulele goal for the summer.  Before my classes pick up again in September I'm hoping to learn two songs:  Let it Be (by the Beatles) and the theme from  Game of Thrones - which I can't seem to get out of my head.  Did I ever mention on my blog that I play the ukulele.  My ukulele is a groovy lilac and her name is Lila.  Not exactly B.B. King and Lucille but I think you get the picture.  Ukulele players, like crafters, are the nicest people.  I've had many friendly encounters in the city with my Lila strapped on my back.  She's quite the conversation starter. 

Well, that's about it for me.  Starting a cleanse tomorrow.  Haven't decided if I want to do 5 or 10 days.  I just know I have to be integrating solid foods back into my routine by July 19th so I'll figure it out.  I'll see if I can make it to the end of five days first.  Wish me luck.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment