Thursday, September 24, 2015

Birthday Invites

EDIT:  Even though this post is dated the 24th it seems it was lost in limbo since mid-August and just showed up today when I doubled checked why my scheduled post didn't publish.  See next post.  

Howdy!

Invitations made for a friend's MIL's upcoming big birthday.  The house looks like the 70s threw up all over the living room.  Why the house and not my craft room?  Because my sister asked me to make these invites and offered to help with the process and, really, my craft room ain't big enough for more than one person.  So, production was moved to the living room and the glitter reigned (pun intended).




Card design came together relatively quickly - which is why I'm a firm believer of having a lot of craft stuff at your disposal (hoard on my friends, hoard on).  The card stock is SU Real Red (thoughtfully contributed by my sister).  Embossing folder is also SU but retired which I picked up at a garage sale.  I finally used my TH texture fades to create the flat oval in the middle of all the embossing and the "shou" (longevity) symbol is a Dreamweaver brass stencil that I've had, oh, probably, 10+ years.  I used matte gold Dreamweaver embossing paste and covered the wet paste with Glitter Ritz ultra fine gold glitter.

If you're unfamiliar with Glitter Ritz glitter, the colours are amazing but the categories are a bit mystifying:  ultra fine = chunky and a bit transluscent and micro fine = fine and opaque.  I have both types in different colours but for this card I used ultra fine because I wanted it to sparkle and stand up against all the texture.  Micro fine is the stuff for the burnished velvet technique.

Hard to believe this is a one layer card.  Absolutely no matting and a whole heaping serving of texture.  I did enjoy the challenge and it was fun working with my sister.

So that's how I spent most of last Saturday and at the end of the day, to quote the B-52s, there was "glitter on the mattress....glitter on the front porch....".

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment