Wednesday, June 29, 2016

More MFT goodness

Basically the same layout as my previous post but a much larger format - 8.5 x 5.5 inches folded.   I cut a regular piece of cardstock in half and stuck the pieces together with washi tape I bought during my last trip to NYC.

Goodbye card for my work BFF.  I had to make it large enough for everyone to sign.  All animal stamps MFT. Brush stroke stamps Concord and 9th.  I was inspired by a card Sandy Allnock did but she cut masks for all the animals she was using and stamped them all into probably the cutest animal border, ever.  I love my work BFF but not that much.  I figured die cutting and colouring was just the right amount of effort (yes, I'm that lazy).  Plus, I really love the window and wanted the animals peeking through from the 'front'.

The front.  Grass was again done with flicking a grouping of 3 G Copic markers using the negative of a MFT grass die.  Hey, I find something I like that works and I run it into the ground.

The inside.  Self critique:  Getting kind of tired but the time I got to the poodle so I just did pointillism inspired dots.  I think this last part is pretty funny. ..


Had to get a piggy in there somewhere.  Because of the what I thought was a weird, non-standard size I wasn't going to do an envelope but I looked at my WRM envelope punch board and there were measurements for an 8.5 x 5.5. board.  Go figure?!?  I made an envelope and affixed the rest of the uncoloured die cuts to the front.  Of course I didn't take a picture....

Trying not to make empty promises but there may be another post or two in the future....just sayin'.

Thanks for schtomping by.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment