Friday, September 9, 2016

What I did on my summer holidays....

I looked at my last post and couldn't believe my eyes:  June 29th?!?!  Where did the summer go?  It feels like it never got started and now its over.  To be honest, I don't believe I ever had to write a "what I did on my summer holidays" type essay when I was in school.  Besides, how do you write 2000 words on "I slept in, watched TV and ate a bunch of junk food?"

Well, here's what I did craft-wise.  Made a bunch of cards because a bunch of people did stuff in my life.  I'm happy to report I did use a lot of new stamps.  I don't know how it happens but these new stamps keep showing up at my house on an almost monthly basis.

The first two pictures are the front and inside of the birthday card for nephew #4 who is 17 this year.  More MFT dogs.



Another dog themed birthday card.  This time for my cousin.  I love this little nacho dog - I believe he's a stamping bella creation.  My cousin is a smoker and I thought I'd be able to draw a little cigarette hanging from his mouth but I didn't have that brilliant idea until after I had finished colouring him.  There's always next year....


Don't you just love my posh photo set ups?!?  Either my desk, my fingers or whatever flat snack food package is sitting around.  Yes, those are oreo thins - chocolate flavoured to be exact.  Those things are GREAT.  They also come in mint, lemon and original.  So. Good.  But I digress.

This last card was for nephew no. 1 who is a full-grown adult.  I thought the front was mature and whimsical but I really wanted to use my new faeries from the Greeting Farm so I used them 'covertly' on the inside.  Sadly there wasn't enough room for a flying unicorn, too.  I don't know if you can tell but the 'happy birthday' is stamped and heat embossed.  No matter how long I've been making cards heat embossing is the great equalizer.  I had to do the front three times before the embossing looked okay.  I know this last one isn't perfect but it was the best one.  It took me longer to heat emboss two words than it did to colour all three faeries on the inside!



Well, that was my craft summer.  I'm pre-contemplative about all things Fall.  Don't even get me started about Christmas.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment